Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nose congestion this morning

by Doug

I have been using a machine for 5 or 6 years with no problem but that a new seems to cause my left nostril to populate as I have a cold. My pressure was so increased to 3.5 to 4.0 improves things, but I still have a problem.

Any suggestions? Thank You.


This video contains interesting information about nasal congestion and CPAP mask:

You yourself are caught a few cold-head and the chest. My nasal pillows crop, the FX reached for my mask ResMed Mirage freedom listed will not be able to overcome the nasal congestion.

I decided to turn up one position in the heat and try-me nasal pillows and within 30 minutes of my nose was clear enough ... ... slept very well.

Let me tell you this just to inform you that I am a true believer in heated humidification-night and if we have nasal congestion or not. Depending on how you're congested, you may find that their heat setting will be enough to remove your nasal trunks. Otherwise, I'm also a believer in having a handy full face mask to use.

When we are ill-selfcatering sleep is even more important-the expending of time delta sleep, sleep stage, our time recovery allows institutions to heal and repair. Often when we are sick, will fall directly into the Delta sleep!

So remember-whether cold or flu strikes-not the time to abandon cpap therapy! It is even more important! So use your humidifier and heat setting tweak (cover/insulation of pipe to reduce or eliminate the excess condensation) and so you don't miss even one night of cpap treatment-use a full face mask nights you cannot breathe through your nose well!

You can also use special lanes to open your nostrils. Breathe lift nasal strips offers temporary relief from nasal congestion and stuffiness and can also reduce or eliminate snoring ... Depending on how wide is the turbinats, they can help too.

One more permenent answer is reduction turbinate surgery. Few people know is wonderful.

Have a good sleep!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment